This year's topics
- Designing and assessing global learning for all
- Advancing global learning using the UN SDGs
Who should attend?
Join us for the 4th annual Global Learning Forum! Faculty who are looking for effective ways to incorporate global learning experiences in their curriculum. Administrators who are responsible for ensuring that their students and faculty gain critical skills to constructively contribute to the global society and workplace and exchange of new knowledge. Staff who support faculty and administrators in implementing a global learning curriculum.
Administrators | Faculty | International Education Staff | Internationalization Enthusiasts
What to expect from this forum
- Two workshops packed with insights from scholars and practitioners on the fundamental tools for implementing global learning and the tools to do so on any campus.
- The 2023 forum will highlight how global learning practices contribute to the United Nation's Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) and other established frameworks.
- Participate in discussions and network with other internationalization leaders from around the world to explore new opportunities and potential collaborations.
- Share your best practices: participants are invited to submit a poster highlighting global learning best practices or programs at their home campus. It's a great way to learn from colleagues in the field.
- FIU was recognized with the NAFSA’s Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization in 2021.
- FIU earned the APLU Institutional Gold Award for Global Learning, Research & Engagement in 2019.
- FIU's global learning journey is described in Making Global Learning Universal - Promoting Inclusion and Success for All Students authored by FIU scholars and co-published by NAFSA in 2018.
- FIU was honored with the Institute for International Education (IIE) Heiskell Award for excellence in campus internationalization 2016.
Forum Schedule - Friday, November 3, 2023
9:00am - 12:15pm EST
Designing and Assessing Global Learning for All
Mid-Day Poster Session
12:30pm - 1:30pm EST
Open to all forum participants
1:45pm - 5:00pm EST
Advancing Global Learning Using the UN SDGs
All sessions taking place on Zoom
Both workshops: $350 (includes poster session)
Single workshop: $250 (includes poster session)
Interested in presenting a poster?
The forum offers an excellent opportunity to share programs or best practices at your campus with your colleagues! We want to learn from you and hear about your global learning successes. You are invited to present a poster that highlights best practices, collaborations with global partners, assessment tools to measure outcomes etc., and may be replicated at other institutions. Please visit the poster submission and presentation guidelines for details.
Director, CILMAR, Purdue University, USA
Galia Garcia-Hjarles Villanueva
Director of Sustainability, Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola, Peru
Program Manager, UN Academic Impact and Public Information Officer, USA
Director of Global Engagements, University of California Davis, USA
Mwangi Peter Wanderi
Principal Corporate Services and Communication, Mount Kenya University, Kenya
Phillip Bailey, Ph.D., Assoc. Vice President for Global Learning and Engagement, Collaborative Online International Learning Coordinator, University of Central Arkansas
Marko Savic, Sr. Manager of International Relations, Higher Colleges of Technology, United Arab Emirates