We offer a range of professional development opportunities to help your institution develop a robust COIL program. Browse the options below to learn more about their intended audiences and purposes, content, outcomes, and pricing.
All options are available in English and/or Spanish.
We offer different types of meetings to kick-off your COIL initiative. Choose the meeting(s) you need to create a symposium to inform stakeholders, develop buy-in, and design strategy.
COIL Mindset Workshop
Meeting duration: 3 hours with 30-minute break
|Why, What, and How of|
Internationalization at Home (IaH)
● Introduction to COIL: What is Collaborative Online International Learning?
● Internationalizing learning outcomes and assessment
● COIL and (Inter)cultural learning opportunities
● Tech follows pedagogy: Facilitating student learning in an online environment
|Learning outcome: COIL Mindset|
COIL Design Workshop
An online workshop engaging partnered faculty to design a COIL module plan.
- Workshop can be spread over 3-6 weeks
- Asynchronous self-paced readings and resources
- 4 synchronous sessions for instructor-led training, partner brainstorming, and peer feedback
- Post-workshop evaluation report, including quantitative and qualitative analysis of participant satisfaction and growth in COIL knowledge and confidence, instructor recommendations for continuous improvement, and references and resources for further learning.
Price: We offer workshops to groups of various sizes with discounts for larger enrollment.
Tier 1: $6,300 (12-18 participants)
Tier 2: $8,125 (19-25 participants)
Tier 3: $9,600 (26-32 participants)
Design Workshop Schedule
Week 1 and Zoom #1
Module 0: Welcome and Orientation
Week 2 and Zoom #2
Module 1: Icebreakers and Intercultural
Module 2: Essential Question & Student Learning
Week 3 and Zoom #3
Module 3: Collaborative Tasks
Module 4: Technology Tools
Week 4 and Zoom #4
Module 5: Student Learning Reflection & Assessment
Module 6: Final Presentations