The FIU COIL Call for Participation is open to all faculty teaching FIU courses across the undergraduate and graduate curriculum. Both returning COIL faculty and new faculty who want to COIL in spring or summer 2024 should respond to this Call for Participation. Faculty should read the Call for Participation carefully before submitting their response. Call closes on September 25, 2023. Check Important Dates below to register for an upcoming Call for Participation Information Session.
"I believe COIL has a tremendous impact not only among students but in society as a whole because it helps unlock knowledge that otherwise is hidden or stuck in specific places or with a few minds. It is a brilliant way of sharing and spreading high quality and very important expertise throughout the world."
- FIU COIL Design Worskhop participant
Call for Returning COIL Faculty
Returning COIL faculty should submit their plans to COIL in spring or summer 2024 through this Call for Participation. Submissions will allow FIU COIL to:
- Promote COIL to students during registration: Faculty who submit to the call will be able to have COIL in the Class Notes section of the online course catalog.
- Support COILmatchmaking: With more advanced notice, there is more time to locate new potential partners.
- Promote faculty and student success: FIU COIL will be better able to communicate additional global learning opportunities and provide additional support to COIL faculty and students throughout the year.
Download Application: To prepare answers and have them on hand when you fill out your application, follow the appropriate link below. All fields are required for the application to be complete. If you have any questions or need technical assistance, please contact FIU COIL at email@example.com.
Call for New COIL Faculty
FIU COIL welcomes new faculty who want to implement COIL for the first time during spring or summer 2024! To respond to the call, you will complete the following:
- Video introduction: Applicants will prepare a 3- to 5-minute video introducing themselves, why they want to COIL, and a brief description of their proposed COIL topic to facilitate the search for potential partners.
- Written application: Submit the application through the response form.
- Call Opens: August 21, 2023
- Call for Participation Information Sessions
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023 @ 12:00-1:00 p.m. EDT. Register below
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023 @ 4:00-5:00 p.m. EDT. Register below
- Call Closes: September 25, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Notification: October 2, 2023
- COIL partnering deadline: October 23, 2023
- Fundamentals of COIL Design and Instruction Workshop synchronous Sessions: November 6, 13, 20, 27, 2023. 10-12pm EDT.
- Implement COIL: Spring or summer term 2024